Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sounded good at the time!

Sometimes you get an idea that sounds good at the time, but in a different light, you think twice about. My great idea is attempting to climb and videotape all of Colorado's 14,000 foot peaks (all 54 or so of them) by my 54th birthday. I actually came up with this idea in July of 2009. Last summer I kicked off this project my managing to climb a single peak.  I had to start off slow and pace myself.

Why would I want to do this? First off, I love being in the outdoors. I truly believe that nature has the ability to refresh the soul. Secondly, I wanted a challenge.  Something that would truly challenge me. My past hikes of 14ers have left me gasping and wondering what the heck I was thinking. I go into this, not knowing if I will be able to actually complete this project. There is a great amount of the unknown laying ahead of me. But the unknown is also what partially appeals to me.

What follows are my trip reports from my attempts to meet this goal. I hope you enjoy reading them. So grab your pack, breath deep and come along on my great adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment